Ive found out I was nominated for the Liebster award by youngatfifty, it is an understatement to say I was surprised! I never get nominated for anything other than making a round of tea’s hehe. I am chuffed though as well as being quite humbled. You should all check out her blog as it is a great source of the many ‘wow’ and ‘I wish I could do that’ gushes that come out of my mouth! Anyway, in order to continue this I have to answer some questions left by youngatfifty, as well as nominate 11 other people for it and set another 11 questions for the nominees to answer. As far as I can see, the nominating other people part will be the problem. Not the lack of people to nominate, but the exact opposite. I have found myself really chuckling and being very inspired by so many blogger’s posts that it is hard to narrow down my list of people I want to nominate! So I decided to compile a list of the top 30 that I enjoyed the most, and then randomly selected (by this I mean closed my eyes and did eeny meany miney mo) to select my favourites.
So here it goes, my nominees are….
Best of luck to you all, in my opinion all of you and many more deserve recognition 🙂
Next, answering the questions…
1. Why do you blog?
I mainly blog in order to get feedback on things I make so I can hopefully get better. I also find it a good way for me to look back on my progress and get tips from others that I am in turn inspired by. I love looking at others peoples creations too, makes me want to try new things 🙂
2. If there is one daily chore you hate, what is it?
I hate cleaning the floor. At home, its a necessity but it is a futile one. I clean it, it gets mucky in 5 seconds again. Grrr 🙂
3. How easy is it for you to get out of bed in the morning?
I don’t find it too much of a problem, I have to be up early to have my insulin and breakfast anyway, has been that way for 21 years so its second nature now. It is nice at the weekends getting woken up to a cup of tea though 🙂
4. Do you judge a blog by number of followers, likes or content?
I certainly don’t judge it by number of followers, its always about content, usually photo’s. The more they make me giggle or make me do oooooo noises the better 🙂
5. Do you read the About page of a blogger? If so, when?
I usually read the about section if I have been interested in multiple posts, so most of the time! I usually read them and think wow, these people are a lot more interesting than me! 🙂
6. What do you think of copyright issues? How serious is it for you if you found somebody copied your idea?
For me personally, I would find it flattering if somebody copied an idea. This is probably because at the moment, I don’t sell my creations publicly. I totally understand why somebody selling online etc, would be rather flustered about it. If somebody used my idea, Id like to be told purely so I can have a nose! 🙂
7. When do you write blog posts? When you have an idea or as a schedule? daily/weekly
Its never to a schedule. If it was, I would fail miserably at it! It is usually when I have finished a creation or when Ive got something interesting I want to share. I do want to start posting in progress posts but seem to be so engrossed in what Im doing that I forget *slaps own hand* 🙂
8. What are your other hobbies?
I like being busy and need to entertain myself at all times so I have a fair amount of hobbies. Sewing in various formats is my main vice. I adore making gifts for people, reading, baking, charity shop shopping (chopping) and having cuddles! 🙂 My main passion though, other than sewing, is my quest for knowledge. I am a bit of a history nut, love visiting historical sites and finding out oddities of times gone by 🙂
9. Do you read all your posts on your reader everyday?
I certainly try to, if I don’t I catch up the next day 🙂
10. How do you discover new bloggers?
Its usually via the recommended section, or if I see a comment on a post that I am commenting on that I find interesting or funny I check them out 🙂
11. How do you search for new content of your interest?
In the frame of wordpress, I would put keywords in the search section. Outside of this, I am a member of a craft forum that provides plenty of inspiration and ideas 🙂
And for my questions to the nominees…
1. What first started you off blogging?
2. Do any of your friends or family blog (not friends you made via it)?
3. Have you ever received a comment you found offensive?
4. Do you think of ways to attract people to comment on your posts or are they purely from the heart?
5. What do you think your next post will be about?
6. Do blogs you follow have a running theme? (like mainly about crafts etc)
7. Would you consider yourself a blogging addict?
8. Would someone profile picture or name influence if you looked at their page?
9. Do you reply to every comment left?
10. Has anybody ever reblogged one of your posts?
11. Do you enjoy answering questions on yourself? hehe
Now the rules for new nominees…
1. Link back to the blogger that awarded you
2. Answer the 11 questions from that blogger
3. Ask your own 11 questions
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers and let them know of their nomination in their posts
I would like to say a big thank you to youngatfifty not just for nominating me but also for guiding me with this post. I am somewhat of a novice so needed a helping hand and she was kind enough to provide that. If any nominees have any trouble with questions, answers or nominating others then don’t hesitate to contact me and I will try my best to help. No promises though 😉