I am very shy to say that Ive been nominated for a liebster award again. Having permission to do it again by my nominator, the very talented fellow stitcher, Thanks! I made this myself!, I have decided to give it another go. I always enjoy the posts made from this blogger so to be nominated by them is a great pleasure 🙂 For those who haven’t heard of the Liebster award, the rules are as follows:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominator.
3. Nominate 11 other followers who have have less than 500 followers.
4. Post 11 questions for your nominations to answer.
5. Tag your nominees and let them know on their blog by posting a comment telling them.
So, the questions set to me (as well as the answers) are…
1. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
I think I mainly enjoy getting the feedback from fellow bloggers. I don’t know many people who are like minded and am a little thin on the friend ground so having a chat with people who like the same things as me whilst getting feedback from them is a real treasure to me.
2. Who would be at your ultimate dinner party (5 people)?
I found this question a little tricky, as most people I admire are now sadly no longer with us. I adore David Attenborough, so he would have to be there entertaining us with his adventures. Lucy Worsley, who is my favourite modern historian. I would most certainly have one of my favourite musical artists, Bjork there, showing us all up with her pure eccentricity and style. Guillermo del Toro, his artistic genius in film leaves me with my mouth open every time. Last but not least, I would have the Dalai Lama, one of my heroes purely based on his own inner peace and compassion for others, hopefully being a calming influence on me!
3. What are your favourite pair of shoes you’ve ever worn?
I must admit, Im not a shoe addict. I always find a pair of shoes that are comfy and stick to them. I certainly don’t have the balance or posture for high heels! Id say my favourite pair of shoes ever were when I was a very little girl, being a disney fan, I had what I called ‘clop clop’ shoes that had my favourite princess (Ariel) emblazoned on them. Sad, but true.
4. What is your proudest creation?
My son. Without doubt.
5. Would you rather have a bath of snakes or a bath of spiders?
Snakes, definately. I don’t mind snakes at all and screech at any sized spider.
6. What did you want to grow up to be when you were a kid?
I went through phases. I wanted to be a poet at one point, oddly, considering I was around 9 at the time. My main aim was and always has been, to be a Mummy.
7. If you could only have one more overseas trip, where would you go?
I have only been on a plane once so there is a huge choice! I think Austria or Germany would be high on the list. I am a firm believer that the country I live in, same as whatever country anyone lives in, has a lot of treasures to explore first.
8. What is your favourite outfit? Go on, give us a photo…
I can give you an answer, but Im very camera shy so no pictures Im afraid. I am a huge fan of charity shops, buying all my clothes there and trying to revive or transform them. So, my favourite outfit probably is a barbie pink tea dress that I emblazoned with different shades of pink buttons with a black cardigan I recently bought from Scope that has beautiful embroidered flowers all over it.
9. What sewing or music related thing do you want to have done this year?
I want to have at least tried knitting, I have always wanted to learn and need to just bite the bullet and get those needles going…
10. There was no ten…. hehe
11. Star Trek or star wars?
Right, I have tried not to nominate anyone I have previously nominated, all fresh ones and I also randomly selected (there was no method to my madness as I love them all) so the nominations are…. (drumroll)….
6. me Oh my!
8. Crafty staci
11. womble blog
That was tough, as I love all the blogs I follow (obviously otherwise I wouldnt follow)
Right, questions to answer…
1. If you could ask 5 people any one question, what questions would you ask to who?
2. What is your secret passion?
3. What is your current project?
4. Who do you love to love?
5. What is your favourite ever ‘find’?
6. Who or what inspires you when you feel like giving up?
7. Who is your creative hero?
8. Do you prefer making or buying gifts?
9. What are your ‘must haves’ in your making kit?
10. Do you create with music or TV on, or prefer silence?
11. If you could make something for anyone on the planet, who and what would it be?
*Breathes sigh of relief*, I don’t think Ive ever asked so many questions!
I appreciate that sometimes I don’t make much sense, so please let me know if you need help in answering anything Ive asked or indeed, if you just want a help with the Liebster award post at all. I needed help initially so have no trouble with aiding 🙂