I am delighted and very very shocked to say I have been given a ‘very inspiring blogger’ award by the very lovely and super talented MachineGunMama! As the title states, I really don’t feel I deserve it (I believe myself to be an irritatingly boring person), but I am so bowled over by it and it has given me a huge boost so buckets of thank yous to her! As always, these things always have rules and a passing on part to them which is fantastic as I get to some of the other bloggers how great they are!
Here’s the rules:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know that they are nominated.
5. Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger that nominated you.
So, I suppose its facts time, Ive decided to not do anything serious but randomly silly ones…
1. My favourite colour is yellow, which leads to my love of sunflowers. Oddly though, I am allergic to sunflower seeds. Not the petals, just the seeds.
2. I pretty much know the whole dialogue for the film ‘The Breakfast club’ and quote it at any opportunity. If my sister and I get annoyed with somebodies bad attitude, we still call it needing ‘A lobotomy and some tights’ (if you haven’t seen it I apologise)
3. I have two favourite jokes which most people don’t find funny (probably because Ive told them too many times). One is what so you call a happy mushroom? A fungi. The other is why does a seagull fly over the sea? because if it flew over the bay it would be a bagel. Hehe, I love cracker jokes and puns!
4. Nearly everybody I know I give a nickname to. There are some exceptions, but Hog (my OH), Boo (my sister), Pi (my brother) and Uncle Blobben (our childhood cat, Jasper) are a few of them. I also have a couple of nicknames, my family mainly call me Boo or Lou and my second family (OH, stepkids and friends) call me Piggles or trotter. At school a meanie used to call me ‘teenage mutant ginger turtle’, (its ok, you can laugh, I do now :-D)
5. I used to play so much scrabble that most words I saw I tried to work out the points Id get if I was playing. (Im actually ‘loling’ while typing this) I do a similar thing now only with any food I see and the carbohydrate they contain.
6. Despite only ever really reading non-fiction, with some exceptions, the book Ive read the most is Raymond E Feist’s ‘Magician’
7.. I never ever tan. In the sun, I go bright red very easily, peel, sometimes blister and then go back to being so white you need your shades on. Not that that bothers me, I am freckly and have auburn hair so would look odd tanned anyway (*humpf*) hehe!
So now Ive bored you to tears with silly facts about me, Il get on with my 15 nominations. I find all of the blogs I follow inspiring, otherwise I wouldn’t follow them, so I have randomly selected the following. To make it a bit more personal, Ive added a little reason why they inspire me…
1. Funkybdesigns Always so enthusiastic and complimentary to others.
2. Squarebird I love her gorgeous and inspiring sketches and is always ‘giveawaying’ to others.
3. Underatopazsky Creates beautiful textile art that is incredibly unique.
4. Marissamadeit Makes beautiful bears for suffering children. Enough said.
5. Gladeridercrafts Has a multitude of talents which never cease to amaze me.
6. Sewsensational Is literally a sewing sensation and also incredibly kind.
7. Frilka Gorgeous makes, lovely lady and blogs in two languages!
8. Prettylittlethingsinabox Has such variety in her makes and they are all beautiful.
9. SowatchasIstarttosmile Her crocheted makes for babies are utterly adorable, especially the mermaid!
10. Crosstitchery Creates beautiful cross stitches as well as posting thought provoking topics.
11. Littlebuttondiaries Still produce such gorgeous makes even with their little buttons.
12. Imsewingheaven Such gorgeous makes alongside sewing history, awesome.
13. Knitsbysachi Has her own book full of her adorably cute knitted creatures.
14. Thegrangerange Love the charity yarn bombing work, beautiful creations.
15. BAMcrafts Great to see someone enjoying and wearing their makes, which are all unique.
Woo! So I hope you all check out these super lovely blogs, each one of them in different ways are innovative, inspiring and make me want to create equally as beautiful makes so thank you all for being the kick up the bum we all need now and again! The last rule of ‘display your award logo on your blog’ is one I am going to struggle with as I have no idea how to do this. So if anybody can give me a few pointers I would be grateful.
Thanks again to Machinegunmama. You my dear, are ace! 🙂